Thursday, February 5, 2015

I Fit Back in my Favorite Dress!!

That's right folks, this Sunday I thought to myself, "You know what, 4lbs is a significant amount, maybe, just maybe, you should try on that dress." So I did and it fit! Really, it did. I felt completely comfortable and I didn't have to worry that my hips were pulling it too tight across the front or my arms were loosing blood flow from how tight it was. I was so excited. I even made Chris take some pictures of me in it...still not good enough pictures to post online but it is still a big thing for me. Fitting into my favorite clothes was one of the top reasons I had for starting this really really hard journey.

I also took some before photos this week but I'm going to wait for some after photos before I post them. :)

I have found that the weekends are hardest for me when it comes to eating, well and exercising too if I am being honest. I think in part it is the loss of a regular schedule, the desire to relax after the week and with this particular weekend the Superbowl is what did me in. But on Monday I just told myself, this is a new week and I am going to be perfect!! Because I can be perfect for one week, that is manageable.

So last night I worked on this little project to help motivate me to be perfect this week and hopefully future weeks.

 

In case you can't see I have a box to check off if I was good on my calories for everyday and a box to mark off if I exercised on 6 days (I'm going for 5 days, still hasn't happened yet). I also have a spot to put in my weight on my designated weigh-in day (Saturday, hopefully will help me to be good on those challenging weekends). I also included my short term monthly goals (10 lb increments)  and some inspirational quotes and words of encouragement from myself. Ha whatever works right? I will let you know how this method works for me. It was fun to make it all pretty though.

This week I had a day off to run an errand (didn't end up happening, long and frustrating story) but I tried to make a little "special" breakfast so an egg white omelet complete with onions, peppers, and jalapenos was attempted. Well I wasn't good at the omelet part so it ended up being a scramble and really in the end I realized I don't like those things in my eggs. Ha but the effort was commendable. 



Well folks I am 4lbs closer to my goal! Getting a bit nervous about making my goal for 10 lbs but I'm going to try my hardest! Here is to fitting into your favorite clothes. Until next time. :)
 Remember: 




7 comments:

  1. Wahoo! Way to go! :) So happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute calendar! Remember when we bought posterboard and made calendars for our dorm rooms? yours was always prettier than mine ;) and you totally got 10 lbs and then 15 and then all the way to 50!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how could I forget, we spent hours on those things. :)

      Delete
  3. It makes me so sad when you say that you picture wasn't good enough to post online! You don't have to be a certain size to post fashion pictures. You are gorgeous! You would look good in anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet Natalie, you sound just like my husband. I know you are right and I really am trying to work on changing my mindset about it but it takes awhile. Your kind words really help though! :)

      Delete
  4. I agree with Natalie. Be very careful not to let your self worth get mixed up with physical appearance. Extra pounds are just an external thing. You are fabulous, in every way. Really, you are. AP unsolicited advice alert: No negative talk, drop the words "perfect", and "goal weight" from your brain, they are negative things. Good health is what matters. If you focus on healthy sustainable habits, eating, exercise, the body will take care of the weight it's willing to give up. Here's to good health, no matter what that ends up looking like. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AP, I will take your advice any-time. I really agree, but I haven't always thought that way so it takes time to re-adjust the mindset. I'm working on it though. Thanks for always reading and supporting me. That helps a ton to know I have lots of people I love cheering me on.

      Delete