Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Time I Accidentally Ate too Many Calories

I promise you it really was an accident! Not like "I fell onto a doughnut with my mouth open" kind of accident but a real honest to goodness accident. I accidentally ate too many calories. Here is the story so you, in the future, can avoid making the same mistake.

Friday night Camp Kesem BYU was doing a fundraiser at Panda Express where 20% was donated so we of course had to support. Learning from my eating out mistakes of the last weekend I prepared myself, did research on the options that I would have when I got there to stay on track. Well..we got there and foolishly I thought I just remembered which ones were low-calorie and was confident that the Bejing Beef was on my list. I mean there is so much pressure once you get up to that counter, I just couldn't take it and blurted out Bejing Beef bowl. I even foolishly got rice and a soda because I had saved a LOT of calories for this special occasion and with a "low-calorie" entree I would have been fine. Well, after enjoying my great meal, knowing that I worked hard for it, I went to input it in my LoseIt! app because being in the habit is the only way I stick to it and come to find out I was SO wrong.

Not only was the Bejing Beef not on my list of available options but it was one of the worst in the whole place. I didn't just eat a few more calories then I was supposed to, it was over 300 calories more. Lets just say I was none too happy. That hour of exercising was useless essentially...or at least that is how it felt. So, to my readers, don't let this happen to you. When you make a plan, when you write down your options, don't make the mistake of not looking at your plan when it matters most. But in all honesty, this wouldn't happen to anyone but me because come on, how do you accidentally eat too many calories?!

That being said I have been really good with my eating (see pictures of healthy meals for proof) on all other days AND according to my new weigh-in day I am down 2.5 lbs! One very very tiny small step for man-kind, one giant step for me! I still need to do the measurements next (I really think that is a good idea and will help motivate me when the scale isn't showing what I want). And I am thinking a before picture would be fun for when I can actually SEE a difference.


^Fajitas



^Green smoothies are my favorite!



^1 egg yoke and a lot of egg whites oh and of course my favorite, cherry tomatoes (I try to eat them as much as possible)


I also have been doing well in the exercise department. I managed to work-out 4 days last week (yes, one less than my goal of 5 but...its hard...don't worry...I'm working on fixing that). Part of the week I did the FitnessBlender 5 day challenge. Here is my review:

1. The first day REALLY kicked my butt. I was sore for about 3 days, no joke. That's always a good sign. The rest of the days seemed a little less intense. Especially the days where weights are included, because I don't have weights. I tried using cans, not heavy enough, then water bottles but they were leaky and just got me more wet then just the sweat, and finally scriptures were what I ended up with but its still not heavy enough. So I think in the future I will intermix the hard days with other exercises. If I remember correctly the good days were (1, 2, and 4).

2. Its always discouraging when your own body gets in the way of doing the exercises and by that I mean when I can't stretch as much as I need to because my newly developed belly fat or the opposite, trying to do a cobra and the back fat getting in the way. Not a pretty picture but it is motivating to keep on working.

3. I also I can't help but think that anytime I have to lift my bum of the ground (there are a variety of exercises that require this sort of exercise) its way harder than most people because my bum is just bigger than most people. I guess I'm just getting a better workout at least.

4. Overall its a good regimen and if I had weights I probably would make it my regular exercise routine. Still obsessed with FitnessBlender though. They are just so down to earth!

5. And possibly the best part is I can do it in my own living room so that a. no one has to see or hear my trying to lift my fat ole' bottom off the ground and b. no one is judging me for these socks.


Well, there you have it folks. Hope it was inspiring and in the least entertaining. Until next time. 



2 comments:

  1. 2.5 down - congrats!! That's a victory to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome shoes!!! so jealous. I was actually about to text you about how I went WAY over my calories on Sunday. I had been doing so good and then I binge ate an entire roll of Ritz crackers...where a serving is like five crackers...and then we ate dinner at a friend's house and I was like crap, I'm screwed for calories. Oh well. I love every blog post! Also, Brian and I might be going to Portugal in August...so there's that.

    ReplyDelete