Sunday, January 11, 2015

The Struggle is Real Guys

The hard days just keep on coming. I know it has only been a few days so I keep trying to tell myself this first part will be the hardest but boy is it hard. Luckily Chris is a rock star and is always encouraging me when all I want to do is lay on the couch with all my favorite treats within hands reach.

 Something that really helped re-motivate me was making this goal plan sheet:


Potential Challenges : Action Plan - (Not included on cute sheet because there was no space)
-$: For me I have not figured out how to make eating healthy cost as much or less than eating rice for dinner 3 days a week (just rice, and yes that has happened) : Make sure and buy sales and in season. Instead of shopping to a recipe exactly alter it to fit what is on sale/cheap.

- Special Occasions (graduation, eating at others homes, etc) : plan ahead and set aside extra calories for that day or exercise more or make that my free day.

- Laziness : Meal list, snacks ready, plan a day ahead food and exercise. Look at this list of how to motivate yourself to exercise.. One of my favorites is "post on facebook about your lack of motivation and get chewed out." 

I'm really excited about the "rewards" I came up with (subject to financial ability at said time) and the 1/2 Marathon at the end of it. I think these things will really motivate me and the 1/2 Marathon training will give me something to work for aside from just loosing more weight. It is something I have wanted to do for a long time and with about 5 months to train I think I will be able to do it. If only Olivia would be there to run with me because I have never done a race without her there encouraging me each mile. 

Just looking at it all broken down really helped me to feel like it is a possibility. I can do this! I will do this.

Yesterday I did this workout. It is a little ridiculous, okay really ridiculous, but I REALLY didn't want to work out and the promise of dancing got me off the couch. WARNING: Do not do in front of anyone you may be embarrassed to shimmy/pelvic thrust in front of. I just did it alone on our spare room and giggled the whole time.

I found this on pinterest the other day and it totally worked with my goal revisions from last post. Pinterest is awesome, just what I needed to see.


Well here is to healthy goals and being the best me! Until next time. 

5 comments:

  1. Girl, I'll train for a half and come out (to wherever you are) to run it with you!! That's how we can see each other this year :) Love you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uhh that literally would be the most amazing thing ever! I mean it. Now there is not stopping me if it means I get to see you. :)

      Delete
  2. i bought a stair stepper like this: thats one way i deal with "special occasion" days when i eat a extra treats etc. at night i just do a half an hour or something (in addition to a morning workout) while watching TV or reading. i may not burn ALL the extra calories i ate, but it sure helps! especially right before bed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea Corinne. I might have to do that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellen! I finally got on your blog and checked out your "new you" plan! I LOVE, LOVE your rewards for each ten pounds. I think that is so great and something that would give me real motivation. I admire your will to make a change. You are going to do it! Don't beat yourself up when you have bad days though - we all have those no matter what goals we're working toward. We all retract at times. Just remember that tomorrow is a new day and you get a fresh start each morning. I know you will succeed. :) Glad Chris is being encouraging. :) I agree with whoever said make a menu / meal plan - in my opinion, that makes all the difference. Excited to follow you on your journey.

    ReplyDelete