Saturday, January 10, 2015

My First Really Tough Day

First, I am warning all gentleman out there who might read my blog (I really don't think it is a lot but just in case...) this post will briefly mention "that part of the month." If that makes you want to curl up in a ball and cry from embarrassment, stop reading now. Also, try and get over that.

Okay, now to my most challenging day yet, which is not saying much since I have been doing this for like 3 days, but it was hard and I overcame it so I am proud of myself! So I don't know about you but when it is that time of month I 1) have cravings for anything that is a carb and even more so if it is sweet and a carb 2) have really terrible cramps that make me want to lie in bed with a heat pack on my stomach all day because my uterus is ripping itself apart and 3) feel extra tired a sluggish seeing as my body is ripping itself apart. From my research this is pretty normal so at least I know I am not alone. All three of these things made my day yesterday extra hard. NOT FAIR BODY, NOT FAIR!

But you know what? As Chris says to me, "I can do hard things." And so can you. So I snacked on some Kale chips instead of the Oreos I wanted to have, Oh I wanted those Oreos so bad! I took a little nap and then I exercised. I did try to find a "low-intensity workout" but it really didn't end up being all that "low." Probably good for me anyway. Pilates is no easier that Yoga, in case you were wondering. Try the workout here, its a good one. What are some low-intensity workouts you guys do when you are really sore or feeling under the weather?

So far I am feeling really proud of myself, and then I realize it has only been a few days and I have months and months of this before I reach my goal. I just keep trying to tell myself it is the battles won day by day.

Just look at that delicious breakfast! :) Sadly the avacado added WAY too many calories. Why on earth have I always thought avocados were such a "health" food? Only if you eat like 1/5th of the fruit. That is not enough.

I realized I have another incentive to lose weight, I'm going to walk in April as a college graduate with my parents and sister flying out to see me! I'm kind of really proud of that accomplishment! Those robes don't look good on anyone let alone someone overweight so I am really wanting to loose some significant weight before then. There are a little more than 14 weeks till graduation so I'm thinking I can loose 20 lbs by then. Fingers crossed!

Until next time!




1 comment:

  1. I remembered you talking about having cramps one day, so I went back to see what workout you did...alas, you were asking for workout suggestions! Oh well. I'll let you know if I find something that doesn't make me wish my uterus was outside my body.

    ReplyDelete