Tuesday, July 9, 2013

4 Months Today

As of today I have been married to my best friend and the greatest man I know for 4 months. Now I understand that to those of you who have been married for a number of years this might seem like nothing but to us it's kind of a big deal. If you think about it we are 1/3 of the way through our first year of marriage, I would say that is exciting. So, I have decided to dust off this old blog and make a special post just about us. 

Four months ago today this was us:



 We definitely took advantage of the socially acceptable wedding day PDA.

He still looks at me like that 
Forehead kisses haven't stopped



All smiles!



Couldn't be happier!


The happiest day of my life. I can't even describe to you the feeling of uninhibited joy I felt on that day. I was finally married to the man of my dreams and it was more beautiful then I could have ever imagined. I felt like I was glowing. 

So now I am going to list some of the things that have kept me glowing these last four months of marriage.

#1. I get to wake up every morning with a kiss from this guy! 



Isn't he just the handsomest man ever!?


Cutest cowboy I have ever seen!



But seriously?! Look at that smile!



Come on, am I lucky or what?!


#2. I love saying our family prayers together every night at the foot of our bed. ( I love saying "family")

# 3. I have loved laughing everyday because I married the funnest person ever! (It really helps when you can be really silly around each other) 

Dancing like fools.



Making silly faces!




Dressing up in silly costumes!



The laughs never stop!



#4. Consistent snuggling sessions. It's nice to know when you need it most you have the man of your dreams to hold you in his arms. You can ask him yourself, I have taken full advantage of this perk in the last four months.


#5. I really just like being his wife. Its still exciting when I get to say, "You see that handsome man with the million dollar smile, well, I'm his wife, and he is my husband." Call me Mrs. Williams anytime you want, I couldn't be prouder.

#6. Always having him with me through all of life's adventures!


The Zoo!


Fancy seafood.


Supporting our CK campers



Traveling
 (Okay, confession, this was before we were married but we have traveled since but marriage made us worse at taking pictures.)

#7. I have loved our greatest adventure yet, moving to a new state, starting new jobs, and exploring the unknown, always knowing that no matter what we have each other. Its exciting and I love sharing it with this handsome man.


#8. I think date nights are way better when you are married, mostly because its not about impressing the other person but enjoying time together! And we are really good at date nights/days/weekends. 



We especially like temple dates!




And eating out.


My first baseball game ever! Chris is a great person to go to sporting events with :)



#9. It is so special to have someone there to run to when your world is falling apart. Someone to hold you while you cry. Chris is especially good at that. It hasn't happened too much but every once in awhile I need him to hold me together, I know when even more life challenges come our way we will be able to support each other. 







#10.  Maybe most of all I love falling in love with him over and over again. Its the little things, the winks across the room, the love notes slipped into my purse, the I love yous, setting up the bed with our new bedding while I am in class, mothers day dinners made just for me, him taking care of me when I was sick, him staying up with me while I work on papers supplying dinner and DR. Pepper along with words of encouragement and getting to know more and more about each other daily. 



 I love being married to this handsome, silly, kind, hard working, intelligent, sweet, loving, righteous man and I couldn't be more excited for our eternity together.

3 comments:

  1. Ellen,

    This is such a wonderful blog post. I am glad you shared it! It is not only for married people, but as a still very very single YSA I benefited so much from reading this.

    Thank you Ellen!

    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen! So I was trying to find you blog...and all I could remember was "heels"...so I googled it and found a braces clad Ellen from your high school choir days! haha. Oh google. I'm so happy I found your blog though! And so happy that you're so happy. Marriage is the absolute best. I want to hear more updates!

    ReplyDelete